KPT- Asasi Financial Assistance 2017
|Organisation Type||Government Agencies|
|Fund Type||Education Funds|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
This financial assistance program was established by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE).
This financial assistance program was first offered to start 2005/2006 student intake.
Asasi Financial Assistance 2017 (Bantuan Kewangan Asasi) is for the target group of students who fall in the B40 and M40 and have joined an Asasi program, with a family income of less than RM10,000.00 only.
Students of the target group B40 and M40 that have signed up to follow the course by using the entry qualification of SPM or its equivalent (SPM/Setaraf) are eligible to apply.
- The applicant is a citizen of Malaysia;
- The financial assistance is ONLY for students who are enrolled in an Asasi program at a UA with family income less than RM10,000.00
- Students who have applied for their course by using their SPM results or its equivalent (SPM/Setaraf); and
- The course has been certified and approved by the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Higher Education.
Additional clauses include
- Students are required to sign an agreement with one surety.
- No repayments necessary, UNLESS the student, failed to complete the sponsored program successfully, at which point payment of the sponsored amount is necessary
Asasi programs at the following universities:
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UniSZA)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM)
- Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
How To Apply
Offers to new students is based on the list submitted by the Public Universities to the Ministry of Higher Education after students register for their respective courses in a Public University.
Checking & program offers can be done online through the ministry’s website after the full list of Asasi students is received from the Public University.
Applicants should check and print out the following documents in relation to their offer of placement:
- Offer letter
- Form of agreement (3 copies, blank forms may be photocopied)
- Form a guarantor of financial statements
- Guide to filling agreement forms
- Documents of agreement must be completed and submitted during registration; and
- Student payment claims will be made through the administrator of the related Public University each semester.
Applications should be sent by via the respective Public University
For more information, please contact:
Kementerian Pendidikan Tinggi,
Aras 2, No. 2, Menara 2,
Jalan P5/6, Presint 5
Hotline: 03 – 8888 1616
Fax: 03 – 8870 6839