This article is written by Syaira Rahimi at her personal blog and it is republished here with her permission.
Before you leave this page, remember to sign up for our exclusive email list to get the best SPM Secrets you will ever get.
If you’re here. And your heart is now beating…very fast.. very very fast..
Because this year is your SPM YEAR!
Countdown for SPM 2016 on Wednesday, 6 November 2013 at 08:00AM Malaysian Time Zone (GMT +8)
And, you want to do your best because later your uncles & aunties are going to ask you how many As you get and your boyfriend/future boyfriend is going ask you too how much did you get!! And your future babies are going to compare your SPM results to theirs (that’s the worst), and that’s why you’re here… looking for tips!
I tell you what.
You’re officially at the wrong place now.
HAHA padan muka!!! 😛
You see. I’m not the right person to tell you this since I’m not the minister of education.. or the teacher or someone who can give the right answer for 1345 x 6785 = ? within 60 seconds… And, you should never try to get good results just for the sake of how other people view at you.
I’m just this lovely little girl who doesn’t know what’s out there…oh this is such a nice world I live in.. hehehe ok kidding bla bla bla… let’s get this done.
Why are you looking for SPM tips?
Are you just demotivated?
Are you spending too many nights burning midnight oil?
Are you tired running around the city for countless tuition classes and still couldn’t get the results you wanted in your SPM trials and past years papers?
Ok lah, I feel yah. Don’t worry.
Whatever it is, you have to get through this. We’ll do it together..don’t worry. It’s good that you’re actually looking for tips now! You’re one step ahead of the others. Good gurl/boy.
The thing that I’m gonna ramble about after this isn’t really “tips” I don’t even know if it’s effective. These are a couple of mindset that I had implemented when I was in form 5 to remind, motivate, and keep pushing me on to aiming for the best.
1. Master the art of focusing! Put your phone(s) away whenever you’re studying, don’t put it next to you or on your table!! I repeat, DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT! Put it under your bed or wherever out of your sight.
2. Set your aims. The highest goal that you have ever wanted to achieve, even though it seems impossible. Go ahead, Make it possible. Straight A+, Aim for the best uni in the world: Cambridge, Harvard, Yale… Wherever you wish without boundaries… Pick a course, medicine, engineering, scientist. Go! Go! Go! By all means, make it happen!
3. Always, always, and always, remember that you’re not only doing this for yourself but for your parents too. Imagine how sad would they be if you didn’t get the best results that you aimed for. Unless your parents are one of those who define their children’s success on what is printed on a piece of paper, they still love you regardless of what SPM results you are going to get. Many of them are sad not because you didn’t get straight A’s but because you didn’t get what you wanted. Dedicate your promise of doing your best to your parents or someone you care can be a very strong motivator.
3. Compare your grades to someone that gets higher results than you, just make sure you do not overdo it. Sometimes, you just need to use the basic human psyche of peer pressure and healthy competition to your advantage to motivate yourself so that you are never over-confident with your achievements.
5. Don’t settle until you get the marks or grades that you aimed for. Make the best use of your time. Sacrifice the rest of this whole year (At this point, I’m so sorry, you only have 25 weeks or about 6 months) and it’s going to benefit you FOREVER. Yes! Even if you do not use most of what you have learned in school, at least you have the passport to get scholarships. There are some cases for some people who got zero As but now they’re super rich. Yes yes yes. But you are not them. And, we don’t know what’s gonna happen to you. Unless you have a million dollars brilliant idea in starting up a business while you are still in school.
6. Now it’s time for you to act! Go list out every subject that you haven’t do your revision yet. Keep a journal on your progress and write down how many days left before the big day? How many days will you have to revise per subject? Chunking down your study goals into mini-daily-goals will help you stay focus on the current task rather than being overwhelmed by the amount of information you need to retain in your brain.
Stop looking for excuses.
Do it for yourself and never stop praying, only He can grant your wishes. He knows what’s best for us, & He is the best planner.
Alright, let’s do this!
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of MalaysianStudent.com. It’s our pleasure to provide a great place for young writers, and bloggers to share their opinion freely!
Enjoy reading this article?
Click “LIKE” and “SHARE” it with your friends now!
Still stressed out about your SPM? Read the articles below to understand that SPM is not your only ticket to success in life.