Application for the 57th & 58th IATSS Forum Program in 2017 (Deadline: 30 June 2016)
[Program Period ]
Application for the 57th & 58th IATSS Forum Program in 2017
57th IATSS Forum: *May – July, 2017 (55days)
58th IATSS Forum: *September – November, 2017 (55days)
* Applications are accepted once a year.
Language Used: English
Communications will be based in English.
Number of participants
57th IATSS Forum: 18 participants , 2 participants for 9 countries
58th IATSS Forum: 18 participants , 2 participants for 9 countries
Closing Date of Application for 57th & 58th
From February-1st to June-30th, 2016
The IATSS Forum pays for the round trip airfare, participation fees for the program, accommodations, and almost all food expenses, etc.
Participants need to pay for their personal expenses.
- Applicants must be from one of the above-mentioned countries and possess the physical and mental capabilities necessary to participate fully in program activities.
- Applicants should be 35 years old or younger at the time of the closing date of the application.
- Applicants should have at least 2 years of full-time professional job experience at the time of the application and be eligible for reinstatement to his/her current position after completing the program.
Application documents: All documents are to be sent to the applicant’s Country Secretariat.
IATSS Forum Malaysian Secretariat Contact Info
Need to submit
- IATSS Forum application form (A4 size)
- 2 essays (A4 size)
- 1 photo (4 cm x 3 cm, name on the back)
- 2 recommendation forms (A4) (One of them should be your direct supervisor at your present job)
- Certificate of English Proficiency (if possible)
There are three stages to the screening process.
(July, 2016) Examination of application documents by the IATSS Forum Country Committee
(August-September, 2016) Examination of application documents by the IATSS Forum Steering Committee in Japan
(November-December, 2016) Interview with prospective applicants by the IATSS Forum Steering Committee and the IATSS Forum Country Committee, in their country
Other terms and conditions
- Only those applicants who have successfully passed screening at each stage will be contacted.
- Schedule subject to change.
- We can not guarantee which season’s forum you will be able to participate in.