Do you have any weird study habits?
Check out these 17 weird study hacks we found at BuzzFeed.com we want to share with you just to break your boring routine of your SPM 2016 revision period!!!
1. Spray an unfamiliar scent while you’re studying.
Spray it again right as you’re about to take the test. The scent will jog your memory.
2. A weird kind of gum works too.
3. Before taking a test, write down all the relevant information you can think of on an index card, as though it were a piece of paper you were allowed to bring with you.
It’s an extra writing exercise to help you remember the important things. It’ll also serve as a nice review when it comes time for exams later.
4. When listening back to hours of recorded lectures, put on an instrumental Pandora station very low in the background.
It’ll help you focus through the boredom. Try Sigur Ros, Tycho, or Autechre.
5. Leave yourself a gummy bear trail when reading.
6. Write down all your formulas at the beginning of the test.
9. And if you’re not dyslexic, Times New Roman is the fastest font to read.
13. While studying, do a short review session at each 20-minute interval of the newly learned material.
“Humans tend to halve their memory of newly learned knowledge in a matter of days or weeks unless they consciously review the learned material.” Reviewing is important and keeps you from forgetting key points.
14. Google “site:edu [subject] exam” to find many different college exams featuring problems pertaining to that subject.
16. Take notes using different colored pens.
This will fire up your visual memory. It also looks pretty and makes taking notes more enjoyable.
17. Take breaks every 25 minutes.
Like, set a timer and get serious about studying for 25 minutes. Reward yourself with a five-minute break afterward. This is known as the Pomodoro technique.
Here are two different Youtube videos about weird study hacks!
Watch it, distract yourself from the normal routine and promise me that you will get back to studying, k?
Subscribe to MalaysianStudent.com now!!!